September 30, 2008

Spatial Trochoids (almost)

In my extra time I've been developing a processing like IDE for graphic apps using the HTML Canvas element and javascript. It's not quite finished, but I've been using it to code several experiments as I learn javascript. Below is a link to my latest play, 3D spline curves built on a pseudo trochoid. The shapes are usually a mess because it's not really a trochoid (which always has a symmetry). While fiddling with this though I think I figured a way to generate true 3D trochoids. I just need to brush up on my quaternions and matrices then I'll have a symmetric version of this app. Anyways, here's the app...

• • run kilter • •



I need to put the app on a separate page because my current javascript uses global variables. I could put the app here in the blog post but if I wanted to put another the variables would conflict. I'm working on making the apps fully self contained so you could put them wherever, that'll be nice.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I am glad you mentioned splines as i would like you to include roulettes in your programming.

I am fascinated by what you are exploring.